Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Code suggestion

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RoboCop92
Police Officer
Police Officer
RoboCop92

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Code suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Code suggestion   Code suggestion Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 1:57 am

Like the ten codes there are also a set of 11 codes. I am suggesting we use one 11 code in particular: 11-99 meaning OFFICER NEEDS HELP. The code is primarily used when an officers life is in grave danger, such as an officer under fire, and officer being attacked by a suspect or multiple suspects and fears for his life, or when an officer is or has been stabbed or stabbing. Its a crucial code and very effective. "Unit 9, 11-99 at burger shot!" All units would then roll code 3 to the burger shot. Tell me what you guys think of introducing this into the mandatory codes.
Back to top Go down
No Survivors 00
Deputy Chief
Deputy Chief

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Code suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code suggestion   Code suggestion Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 5:10 am

This is idea is an ok idea. the only problem is that is might confuse more members if we introduce new codes. I agree that maybe we should open up a new set of codes. The only thing is that then we will have to remember around 20 codes all together. I think that though it will get a little confusing we will get used to the new codes as we have gotten used to the 10 codes so far.

The leaders will think about this suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Brynley
Assistant Chief
Assistant Chief

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Code suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code suggestion   Code suggestion Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 6:50 am

I feel this is pointless in every way- Code 3 means exactly the same as all the examples you listed. Just like NB added- adding more codes will just confuse everyone and will start chipping away at the
"fun" aspect of playing this videogame. There is a fine balance we have to be consciencious of when implementing realistic measures on a videogame. What we have right now is "realistic" but keeps it simple enough for people to pick up quickly and it is very effective. I'm going to use the old cliche' "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Back to top Go down
Neverent

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Code suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code suggestion   Code suggestion Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 2:05 am

Yea Brynley... that's exactly what I was thinking. As I read it I thought "but that's a code 3 if your life is in danger, if shots are fired, if it's a hostage, terrorist attack, etc"...

Oddly though, I accidentally looked at the "most recent post" column instead of the "topic creator" column, and thought it was YOU, Brynley, who posted this suggestion and I was so confused lol... but you were just the most recent response... not the creator lol

Anyway, I agree. If we start adding too many codes it's going to get too hectic and not be so fun anymore (unless these codes are optional to learn... in which it's still going to be hectic because some people will know them and others won't which would ruin the entire point).

The list we have now is short and concise while still keeping it fun and realistic. I know I'm echoing what Brynley said, but I guess I'm "quoting for truth" ^^

As it is now, in the situation you provided RoboCop, we'd just say "Unit 9, code 3 burger shot -- shots fired." The point is taken, and all units respond.
Back to top Go down
RoboCop92
Police Officer
Police Officer
RoboCop92

Code suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code suggestion   Code suggestion Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 1:00 am

Brynley wrote:
I feel this is pointless in every way- Code 3 means exactly the same as all the examples you listed. Just like NB added- adding more codes will just confuse everyone and will start chipping away at the
"fun" aspect of playing this videogame. There is a fine balance we have to be consciencious of when implementing realistic measures on a videogame. What we have right now is "realistic" but keeps it simple enough for people to pick up quickly and it is very effective. I'm going to use the old cliche' "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
True, but we are not even using the code-1 code-2 code-3 correctly, accoring to the Livermore Metropolitan Police Department:
Code 1: At your convenience
Code 2: Urgent
Code 3: Emergency
Code 4: No further assistance

So if someone is stabbed you are dispatched to the call, you say"318""go ahead 318""Rolling code-3"(lights and siren).
11-99 simply means YOU as the officer are being attacked, a critical code to any police department. I dont know how thigs are done in the middle of no where but in Caly its a must have code.
Back to top Go down
NBRYANT24
Chief of Department
Chief of Department

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-09-08

Code suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code suggestion   Code suggestion Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 2:01 am

RoboCop92 wrote:
True, but we are not even using the code-1 code-2 code-3 correctly, accoring to the Livermore Metropolitan Police Department

We are not using Livermore Metropolitan Police Department's code system.
Back to top Go down
https://esuclan.darkbb.com
RoboCop92
Police Officer
Police Officer
RoboCop92

Code suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code suggestion   Code suggestion Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 2:09 am

NBRYANT24 wrote:
RoboCop92 wrote:
True, but we are not even using the code-1 code-2 code-3 correctly, accoring to the Livermore Metropolitan Police Department

We are not using Livermore Metropolitan Police Department's code system.
Hahaha, no kidding huh? I simply used that as a reference and actual proof that we were using the 123 codes incorrectly. those particular codes I know for a fact do not vary from county to county.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Code suggestion Empty
PostSubject: Re: Code suggestion   Code suggestion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Code suggestion
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: ESU Games :: Grand Theft Auto IV-
Jump to: